Saturday, November 12, 2011

14th Street East Village Blues, ya'll...

It's true. I get it. It starts, it stops, yada yada yada. So, we wrote some songs -- were gonna release 'em and then got a little sidetracked, and now we're back in the saddle so to speak.  When I was writing the lyrics to the album that will eventually come out as the next Royal Wigs album, I used to walk by this place quite a bit. It always amazed me...possibly because it was just so freaky, all the wigs and heads and shit. In any event, when it was time to name the band, this seemed like a perfect fit...mostly because the majority of the forthcoming album was written in the East Village (11th street to be precise), but also because NYC figures prominently in the lyrics.  Of course, there's also been a stylistic -- perhaps an aesthetic change as well -- difference to the music.  I just got so sick of whatever they call "alternative rock" or "modern rock" or who gives a fuck?  So there it is: frankly, the previous group had quite a bit of press and some laudatory comments -- I thought that meant something, and obviously it don't.  We just wanna make amazing music. All that other baggage be damned.  In about 3 days I'll be back, my ole EV...can't wait to see ya...

Cheers,
TRW.

No comments:

Post a Comment